Rocio Medina, M.D., located in Mexico, is a member of Herbalife’s Nutrition Advisory Board (NAB).The NAB is comprised of leading experts around the world in the fields of nutrition and health who educate and train Herbalife independent distributors on the principles of nutrition, physical activity and healthy lifestyle. The board is chaired by David Heber, M.D., Ph.D., director of the Center for Human Nutrition at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA).
Medina is a professor of nutrition and obesity at University of Monterrey (U.D.E.M.). She also has been in private practice since 1994. She is co-founder of the Colegio de Médicos Cirujanos y Profesionales en Nutriología Clínica y Obesidad, A.C. (Medical College of Surgeons and Professionals in Obesity and Clinical Nutrition) at Nuevo León, and vice-president of the college. Additionally, Medina is a member of the National Association for the Study of Obesity (NAASO), since 2004. Previously, she served as medical coordinator of the Ministry of the Preventive Police Force of Monterrey.
Medina received her medical degree at the Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo Leon (UANL), (Autonomous University of Nuevo Leon), Monterrey, Mexico, and her nutrition and obesity post-degree at the University of Monterrey.
- 2000: Founds college of nutrition at Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo Leon
- 2006: Attends first Herbalife Extravaganza
- 2007: Joins the Nutrition Advisory Board (NAB)
- 2010: Creates specialization training at University of Monterrey
- 2012: Wins Mazatlan Triathlon
- 2013: Becomes Vice President, Worldwide Nutrition Training for Herbalife